Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Essential..... Steve Jordan

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Groovemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi folks, about two weeks ago I posted a thread called "ESSENTIAL...GADD." and hoped to come up with a list of Gadd's best recorded performances.

    I've managed to track down a load of great music I hadn't been aware of before. It was a great eye opener to me, and thanks so much to all that contributed!

    I thought about doing the second in the series on Steve Jordan.

    I'd like you to list just ONE album or DVD that has Steve Jordan on, which you think best represents his playing and style, where he is on top of his game.

    No other chat, no other conversation, and at the MOST one sentance to describe why you chose that album. Supply the name of the album and the artist... Hopefully within the week we'll have a comprehensive recording discography of Jordan's best work to hunt down!

    Thanks guys!! Here's my two cents to begin with...

    Live At The Beacon Theatre - James Taylor

    MP

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 03, 2005 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Groovemeister ]</font>

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi mark,
    Detente - Brecker Bros. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Groovemeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2002
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good choice matey,

    Isn't Gadd on that one too?

    MP

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Lee Collins's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2004
    Posts
    1,253
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yep he is. I think jordan is on the majority of tracks though. At least from the sound and style it seems to be mostly jordan.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Klemme's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2003
    Posts
    854
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, that Album Kills! I Think it's?Gadd on the A side, and Jordan on the B side, if I remember correctly. My dad has it on Vinyl, but I have it on CD.

    He played on a Sanborn album in the 90's too, where he played great.

    I haven't been diggin him that much, but allways enjoyed what he did when i heard it. Much like Manu Katche heh.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member five eight's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9th, 2003
    Posts
    924
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Briefcase Full of Blues. He's burnin' by the time he takes Hey Bartender out, etc., etc.

    He used to wail on the Letterman show before Anton took over his seat after Steve became Keef's drummer in the X-pensive Winos.

    Where Jordan would place his bass drum got me off. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    DEENO
    Guest DEENO's Avatar

    Post



    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 22, 2005 06:32 AM: Message edited by: ELECTROVISION ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member mja61's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I second the vote on Scofield's "Electric Outlet." [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Dazzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 3rd, 2003
    Posts
    1,373
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    John Mayer - "Heavier Things" ...as seen on The Grammies, with Pino Palladino!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 03, 2005 10:17 PM: Message edited by: Dazzler ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member piccupstix's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'll second the vote for "Briefcase Full of Blues." His drumming is energetic and articulate, and those ghost notes are cleaner than the grounds at Disneyland. I'm going to have to check into these other recommendations, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •